LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:54:44 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5671katakana / hiragana software
>Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:44:36 -0400
>Return-Receipt-To: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>

KanjiKit runs on NT, although our Japanese professor is discontinuing the
use of it since Microsoft is now giving away (free download) a Japanese
Input Method Editor (IME) program to type in hiragana and katakana when
using Outlook, MS Office 2000 products and Internet Explorer (sending
web-based email messages, for example).  If you go to the Microsoft web site
for updates, http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/, you can click on Product
Updates and choose from a list of several language IMEs to download.