LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:54:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:57:46 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Scanner software

I checked the archive - no thread on scanners since Jan 99...

Here's the question:
Is there scanner software which is particularly adept at recognizing
accents and dealing with them?

We have a UMax scanner with OmniPage and it works reasonably well
but it is tedious in Word doing the spellcheck for all words with
diacritical marks. Yes, Omnipage picks up some characters. I am
looking for something better. Especially for handling French, Spanish
and Italian, our heavy users.

Please post suggestions. I bet there are others interested in the
latest recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

 brucegirl

Bruce Parkhurst