LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:23:25 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:08:30 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Dennis D. Magnuson" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Policies on language alternatives for students w/disabilities

IALL Colleagues:

Our new Dean has asked our department (and others, I believe) to have a
written policy regarding foreign language alternatives for students with
disabilities.  To be sure we have discussed and outlined things like sight
and hearing impaired, but el deano wants a more inclusive policy in writing.

I have seen both on line and in the LLTI archives some communiques dealing
with related issues, i.e., use of signing, etc., but I am asking my IALL
colleagues now if you have dealt with this issue and could either share
some kind of document or refer us to an appropriate FL study/disabilities
source?

You may send them to me off line at my address below or the the LLTI
listserv.  I'll compile them and share them with you.

Con gracias anticipadas,

Dennis Magnuson
end

Dennis D. Magnuson