LLTI Archives

August 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:47:13 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from jburston <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:39:36 -0400
>Sender: jburston <[log in to unmask]>
>From: jburston <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: New CALICO reviews

Please excuse the cross posting
===============================

Dear Colleagues,

Classes are about to begin again, at least for those of us in the northern
hemisphere.  Before you get swamped with enrolments and new classes, etc.,
you might want to have a look at several new software evaluations which have
just been published in the CALICO Review:

http://astro.temple.edu/~jburston/CALICO/index.htm

There are seven reviews in all (plus a couple waiting in the wings for me to
get to).  Of these, two are for Spanish, two for Chinese (Mandarin &
Cantonese), and one for ESL.  A multilingual program for children and an
authoring package complete this late summer offering. I'm sure you'll find
something of interest here.

If you have already bookmarked the CALICO Review web site, please note the
new URL.  As some of you may know, I recently returned to the US to take up
a position at Temple University, whence the change of web address.

Again I remind you that CALICO receives a constant flow of software for
evaluation.  If you have not yet added your name to the CALICO Reviewers'
Register, do please join us.  If you yourself come across software you would
like to review, by all means please let me know.  I look forward to hearing
from you.  Jack

Dr J. Burston
CALICO Software Review Editor
College of Liberal Arts