LLTI Archives

August 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 08:24:35 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Slava Paperno <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 00:58:50 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Slava Paperno <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: videodisc players and overlay cards

Two questions for the veterans of interactive video/computer technology:
remember something called videodisc player? and video graphics overlay?

1. My Windows 95 installations still have videodisc drivers for Pioneer
players--but I wasn't able to find that driver in my Windows 98, NT 4, or
2000 installations. Where should I look?

2. Is anyone successfully using a modern video overlay card that supports
MCI calls for controlling the window under Windows 95, 98, NT 4, or 2000?
What vendors and what models?

Thanks for any tips!

Slava Paperno