LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:26:24 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "res04m4j" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "res04m4j" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5628.67Lab Experience (!)
>Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:19:53 -0700

------------------
Linda,

I too am very interested in your design-  I am very interested in the use of
various technologies to produce a transparent layer for which a teacher can
use.  One of the major requirements of this technology layer is user
friendliness and portability of files.  This is what I feel makes the
Tandberg solution so viable.

If we take a wholistic approach to lab design, then one of the pieces is of
course the lab itself and all of the ramifications this brings.
Additionally, and as an enhancement to the lab would be the implementation
of up to date authoring stations for faculty use as well as an area to
explore for media content.  A database of searchable files that are in a
standard format for use in developing content for the lab as well as virtual
classes deliverable via the web.

This wholistic approach to language facilities is part of the Virtual
Language Lab Project that the California State University is exploring in
partnership with Teleste, Inc.

Thanks
Ronald Bergmann
Technical Services Manager