LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:26:17 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Jianxiong Wu <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:14:07 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Jianxiong Wu <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5637.1 OS 9 + trad. Chinese + Nisus = crash? (!)

------------------

Nisus is aware of this problem, but they don't seem to have a fix for it
yet.  We went through the "tricks and tips" section on the Nisus
website. It did not solve the problem.  So we returned the upgrades to
them, which we had recently bought. We are switching to Appleworks, which
works fine with Chinese and a whole bunch of other languages including
Japanese and Korean under System 9. All these languages are built-in with
Apple System 9.  You don't need language kits any more.

Jian X Wu
CLA Language Center
University of Minnesota