LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:01:56 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ursula Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
>--- Forwarded Message from "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>  >From: "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]>
>  >To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information
>Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>  >Subject: RE: #5628 Language Lab experience
>  >Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 16:17:10 -0400
>
>------------------
>Our lab is the most popular aspect of our program. Would you like a detailed
>description of the lab/program? Would that help?

I for one would love to hear more about this, Linda. We have an
active lab at Notre Dame, but not as active as I would like to see,
given the large number of students completing foreign language
courses. There are always methods and strategies to promote the use
of the lab, and to make it more effective. Indeed I have a list of
benefits that I routinely quote when asked (and sometimes when not!)
But we are a long way from "most popular." What's your secret? Maybe
you could share with the list?

Ursula

--

Ursula Williams http://www.nd.edu/~uwilliam