LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:13:23 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Francois Crompton-Roberts" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Francois Crompton-Roberts" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 14:01:27 +0000
>Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
>Subject: (Fwd) Job at Lawrence (Wisconsin)

------------------
I don't think I've seen this ad on LLTI.  It should be of interest
to several subscribers.

François C-R

         Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:14:09 +0100
         From: Peter Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
         Subject: Position Announcement (Lawrence U.)

Humanities Instructional Technologist (Search Extended)

Lawrence University has an immediate opening for an instructional
technologist in the humanities. Responsibilities will include teaching
2-3 courses per year in a humanities discipline, facilitating the
introduction of computing technology and multimedia into the
humanities and foreign language curriculum, and assisting humanities
and language faculty in the use of a broad range of hardware and
software.

Lawrence University is in the process of establishing a 20-station,
computerized, multi-media lab to support instruction in foreign
languages and the humanities. The person hired into this position will
manage the Humanities computing facility (including hiring, training,
and supervising student workers); act as liaison to faculty in
humanities and language departments to gather information about
instructional needs, and design, document, and lead workshops for
faculty and students.

Required qualifications:

M.A. in a humanities discipline, classroom teaching experience,
knowledge of instructional design in a higher education setting,
including web development, authoring systems, digital audio/video, and
graphics, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
proficiency in both PC and Mac platforms and programs relevant to the
humanities.

Preferred qualifications include

Ph.D. degree, familiarity with instructional materials appropriate to
humanities instruction, knowledge of a foreign language or expertise
in foreign language teaching, and familiarity with state-of-the-art
audio, video, and computing technologies in classroom instruction.

Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.

To apply: Send cover letter, a vita, a brief statement of teaching
philosophy addressing the significance of technology, and three
letters of recommendation to: Peter Gilbert Director of Instructional
Technology Lawrence University Appleton, WI 54911

Deadline for applications is August 1, 2000.

EOE

For more information about Lawrence, please see
http://www.lawrence.edu