LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:10:07 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:51:29 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Ruth Trometer <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: monitor question

Greetings all,
  We had four monitor screens damaged last spring.  I'm not sure how, but
we're assuming when my student staff cleaned them.  Someone could have
grabbed regular cleaner rather than the screen cleaning pads.  Spots &
smears appeared all over the screen - the coating was damaged.  We have a
mix of Apple and Sony Trinitron 200GS monitors.  I'm concerned because all
four of the damaged monitors were the Sony Trinitrons.  None of the Apples
in the same area were damaged.  It might have been coincidence, but I'm
wondering if any of you have found the Trinitrons particularly susceptible
to screen damage.  For now, I've told staff to not clean the Sony's at all,
just in case the screen cleaning pads caused the damage.

Many thanks for any input,

Ruth