LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:14:50 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:41:44 -0500
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Language Laboratories and Archives <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: cleaning and demagnetizing tapes

------------------
We have long used isopropyl alcohol and a hand-held degausser to clean the
heads in our audio equipment. However, some of the machines we have are
difficult to clean due to lack of space. The suggestion was made to
purchase cleaning tapes, but in some recess of my mind I remembered that
there was come concern about abrasiveness of the tapes.

How do you clean your audio (or video) equipment? If you use tapes, what
has your experience been?

Thanx,

Barbara Need
Manager