LLTI Archives

July 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:12:19 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 08:24:05 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Thank You Otmar

Apropos to the commemoration of 10 yrs of LLTI, you all might be interested to know that the IALL board/council passed a resolution at the recent IALL Summer Leadership Meeting thanking Otmar for his service to IALL.  The following is the text of my letter to him:

June 19, 2000

Dear Otmar:

It is my pleasure to report that at the recent IALL Summer Leadership Meeting, a resolution was passed unanimously and enthusiastically to recognize and commend you for your outstanding work with the LLTI listserv and the Foreign Language Database, on behalf of IALL.  The sense of the discussion leading up to the resolution was that the listserv, in particular, has contributed significantly to the recent growth and strength of the organization.

We have precious few ways of recognizing contributions such as yours.  We sincerely hope that this resolution, the only one of its kind passed at the meetings, lets you know  the high esteem held for you by your professional colleagues, and the gratitude that all of us feel for your work.

Thank you again for your service.  We look forward to many more years working along with you to promote the appropriate use of technology for language learning.

Sincerely,
Read Gilgen, President