LLTI Archives

June 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:26:47 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Andrzej Styrcz <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Tue, 27 Jun 2000 02:16:45 -0400
>From: Andrzej Styrcz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: #5613 transcription hardware
>To: [log in to unmask]

Hallo,

I believe our DIVACE is the easiest tool to use to transribe (write/type)
audio spoken material. However, the material needs to be in digital format.
One can open a word processor and make Divace to be visible "on top of any
application". When the audio file is being played, one can select a file
segment to be transcribed and play it in a "Loop". Thus, the hands are free
to type (no need to be disturbed by pressing stop, rewind, fast forward,
play buttons). The segment is being played repeatedly as long as it takes
to transcribe the audio. Once it is done, you can move to the next part of
the audio file and repeat the procedure.

Similarly, one can use DIVACE's Text Synchronisation feature to type the
text.

Best regards,

Andrzej Styrcz
Marketing Manager
Teleste Educational Ltd.  tel.+358 2 2166569
Kaurakatu 46    fax.+358 2 2166527
20741 Turku    e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Finland     http://edu.teleste.fi
     http://www.divace.com