LLTI Archives

June 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:36:52 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Richard Feldman <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:53:27 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Richard Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5613 transcription hardware

------------------
I have done quite a bit of audio transcription, using a Macintosh with a
specialized Cd controller.  This allows me to set any key command I want to
"Stop," "Pause," "Back [a settable number of seconds] and play again,"
"forward 30 seconds," and "back 30 seconds."   Once I get used to these
commands on the keyboard I can work quite efficiently.  We just digitize
and put the audio in audio-CD format.  The controller is written in
"OneClick," a macro/pallet add-on to Applescript available quite
cheaply.  Write to me if you'd like further information.

Dick Feldman, Director
Noyes Language Learning Center
Cornell University