LLTI Archives

June 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:10:09 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:22:42 -0500 (CDT)
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Cc: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Language Technology Consultant Position at Rice University

This position became vacant last week and we are just beginning our search.
Starting date is August 1, 2000. I am currently at CALICO and would be happy
to meet those interested in applying. The information concerning the
application process is posted on the Rice Human Resource web site:

http://dacnet.rice.edu/~humres/Employment/

Below is the job description posted on the above web site.

00413 LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT / CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF LANGUAGES
Hiring Range: Salary commensurate with experience.

Security sensitive position as defined under the Texas Education Code,
Section 51.215; the successful applicant will be required to undergo a
background check. The Center for the Study of Languages at Rice University
seeks a language technology consultant to work with the foreign language
faculty on the application of new technologies in language and language-
related courses. Non-smoking environment. Requires: expertise in technology-
enhanced language learning; experience designing and creating interactive web-
based materials; experience with text, graphics and multimedia applications
(Director, Photoshop etc.) for instructional purposes; good knowledge of
Macintosh and Windows environments; knowledge of digital image, audio and
video processing for the web. Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to
communicate with both non-technical end users and technical staff. Prefers:
knowledge of testing/assessment; knowledge of cgi scripting project
management experience; advanced degree in languages, instructional design,
education, or a related field; knowledge of Windows NT; proficiency in at
least one foreign language/culture; and language teaching experience.

Rice University is an EEO/AA employer.

If you are attending CALICO, you can contact me via e-mail or leave a message
on the board of the first floor of the Coronado. Applications must be sent to
the Rice Humnan Resource Department.

Feel free to disseminate this information or contact me if you have any
questions. Michael Barlow, CSL Associate director, can also be available for
questions and you can contact him at [log in to unmask]

--
Claire Bartlett, Director                      LRC: (713) 348-6157
Language Resource Center,113 Rayzor,MS 37      fax: (713) 348-6168