LLTI Archives

June 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 08:10:27 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Nicole Francine Minnick <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 10:25:30 -0400
>From: Nicole Francine Minnick <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5671 WEB TEMPLATES (!)

------------------
At the University of Maryland, we adopted WebCT two years ago.  I have been using it for a little over a year and I have been very pleased with
it.  The training and technical support given by our campus Office of Information Technology is great and they indicate that this is due in part
to the great support that WebCT gives them.  But for some of the students the learning curve was rather painful.  However these students did not
take advantage of the peer training offered them.

I gave a presentation on using WebCT in my French for Business and Technology course at UNTELE (Compiegne, France) in March.  My PowerPoint
presentation can be viewed at:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~nminnick/untele/

The new version 3.0 (which we are now beta testing) is even easier to use: more friendly for Mac users, navigation is more transparent, and course
creation and management goes faster.

-Nicole

Nicole Francine MInnick
Department of French & Italian