LLTI Archives

May 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 08:19:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "vera c.q.de mello" <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
At 08:47 30/05/00 EDT, LLTI-Editor wrote:
>--- Forwarded Message from "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>From: "Cahill, Linda E." <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: WEB TEMPLATES
>>Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:58:24 -0400
>
>Is anyone using a web template such as WEBCT to develop their own web-based
>curriculum (or lesson plans)?
>If so, can you tell me a little something about the product/your experience?

Hi,
We are testing WEBCT at the university. It's quite user-friendly. My
experience is of a student testing the features the instructor provides us
with.
The features we use the most are the forum, which is really good, and the
internal mail (for private/collective msgs).
The chat feature is too limited. It's hard for students without the
supervision of the instructor to log the conversations, and in some rooms
this is impossible to be done.
If you go to their webpage, you can put your on course and experiment it
for 6 months for free.
Try http://about.webct.com/try/ or
http://208.31.12.69/freetrial/index.html

I hope this helps a little.