LLTI Archives

May 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 14:42:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mauricio Miraglia <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:52:22 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Mauricio Miraglia <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: your experience with Tandberg

------------------
Hi everyone,
Our lab is a LL2000 M Sony.  My employer made a blind purchase 3 years
ago.  I expected to find some upgrade for this  equipment but
Sony's  answers don't seem to meet our needs.  We are now  going digital
(that's no news, I know) and at this very very early stage we have just
begun searching for appropriate equipment.  We basically want to design and
produce "home-made" material and post some of our audio visual material on
the university server so our students can access the lab from their own
computers on and off campus.

What is your experience with Roma, Rio and other solutions from Tandberg as
far as digitizing goes?  Is there any cheaper piece of equipment to do
AUTHORING!. Is  Authorware a good alternative for Teleste's Partner Tools?
A Tandberg executive was here last week but he couldn't quite give me more
light into this.

Hope to hear some comments from you on this matter.
Cheers!

Mauricio Miraglia
Language Lab Manager
Universidad de los Andes