LLTI Archives

May 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:58:26 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:02:18 -0500
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FLEAT Flights

I don't know how many of you have already nailed down your flights for FLEAT IV this summer, but if you haven't checked with IACE Travel (Chicago) or Japan Budget Travel, you should do so immediately.  You can find their contact information at http://iall.net/Conf.html, and follow the links to "Excellent travel tips and Japan Information for IALL participants" (prepared by John Stewart).

The best price I could find from Chicago with a regular agent was about $1400.  My ticket with IACE was $838 from Madison, and with an "open jaws" arrangement (fly into Tokyo and out of Osaka).  This is a steal, but YOU MUST PURCHASE TICKETS BY MAY 15.

Please spread the word to anyone else you know who is going.

Now... a disclaimer.  If prices suddenly drop next week, don't blame me.  However, everyone I talk to says this is a very good deal.

Read Gilgen, Director
L&S Learning Support Services
University of Wisconsin - Madison
(608) 262-1408