LLTI Archives

May 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 May 2000 08:19:49 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Lauren Rosen Yeazel <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: LCTL ITV instruction
>Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 15:59:20 -0500
>From: Lauren Rosen Yeazel <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>, "LLTI message" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of applying for some funding to continue and advance
our ITV instruction for first and second year Japanese and Russian. We
are also in the future interested in expanding to Chinese and Portuguese.

What I am looking for is a quick idea of how many higher ed. institutions
like ours, University of Wisconsin, are using interactive two-way video
technology to teach the LCTL's. I am aware of Chinese being taught at the
University of Hawaii and that, at one time anyway, Russian and Chinese
were available this way at the University of Minnesota.

If your university fits this description, can you please email me with
the following information:
1) Name of Institutions involved
2) How long you have been teaching these courses
3) What languages are being taught this way

You can reach me off list at [log in to unmask] so as not to bother
everyone else.

I really appreciate your help.
Lauren

Lauren Rosen
Collaborative Language Program Coordinator
University of Wisconsin
618 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706