LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:10:51 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:27:51 -0600
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum             <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Keiko Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: 2nd benkyoukai: Making CALL Count (Improving CALL and On-line Activities)
>Cc: [log in to unmask]

------------------
I apologize for the cross-posting.  Please spread the word of mouth.
Anybody interested is welcome.

Info Page http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/2ndbenkyoukai.html

SenseiOnline presents 2nd Benkyoukai (Study forum)
When: April 29th Saturday 7pm Pacific US (8pm, MDT, 9pm CDT, 10pm EDT, 4pm HST)
      April 30th Sunday 2am GMT, noon Sydney and 11am Japan.
(Time announced in CATJ is one hour too early)

I am absolutely sure about Pacific time and GMT, but if you have doubts
please go to http://www.hilink.com.au/times/ to calcuate what time it would
be where you are.

How long: for 50 minutes

Whos is the invited speaker?
Greg Dabelstein sensei from Brisbane Grammar School, Australia

What is going to happen?
We will use one of his articles for reference."Making CALL Count (Improving
CALL and On-line Activities)"

Visit http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/greg.html

So you read that beforehand and go to chat room with World Without
Borders. There will be Greg sensei and other participants. Since WWB is
open to everybody I would like to invite whoever is interested in this kind
of topic. There will be somebody from WWB to help you with technical stuff
with chat itself.

Where:  World Without Borders is letting us use their space. Please go to
http://www.sabotenweb.com/bookmarks/about/2ndbenkyoukai.html for detailed
log in info.  I would log in early or do practice before the actual
session. (Since I announced a wrong time at CATJ conference, I will be
there an hour early...)

Can I use Japanese?
Technical maybe yes, but since we are inviting large non-Japanese speaking
audience, we assume this is conducted in English.

If I can't attend?  If I am too sleepy?
The log of this event will be available at World Without Boarders for two
years.  Detail will follow.

Please send any question to the Manager at [log in to unmask]  I look
forward to seeing you all!  yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.

Sincerely yours,
Keiko Schneider