LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:16:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:48:04 -0400
>From: Mike Ledgerwood <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5611.7 Contracts and duties during intersemester sessions (!)

------------------
Hi all.

I haven't read all of these, but the last ones were all different
from my position.

I am full-time faculty on a ten month contract, research
faculty as well as teaching and service.

With this leverage, I make sure that faculty/administration
realize that the Center exists to support their work but
does not exist to be a slave to it.  Since we are a big
operation (with little staffing, of course) I have a share
of a technical support person who does work over
some breaks so that she can work while the Center
is closed and the facilities are empty.  I also have
a fulltime staff person.  She does not work when
classes are not in session and is fulltime 12 month.

Best to all,
Mike Ledgerwood
Director of the Language Learning and Research Center
Tenured Professor of French and Technology and Education
State University of New York at Stony Brook (USA)