LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:30:41 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Ray Clough <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:28:28 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Ray Clough <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Wireless Lab

------------------
We are planning a replacement for our language lab and have decided to go
digital.  One possibility we have been discussing is a wireless iMac lab.
We would distribute media via Quicktime streaming (both audio and video) to
30 laptops.  The students would also use the web to view audio and video
feeds from around the world.  It sounds feasible enough but we are a bit
wary since we have no experience with digital wireless.  We would love to
visit or correspond with anyone on this list who has such an installation
or is in the advanced stages of planning one.  Please feel free to respond
off list.

Thanks

Ray Clough
Associate Professor of Modern Languages and
Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence
Canisius College
Buffalo, New York 14208-1098
Tel. 716.888,2839
Email: [log in to unmask]