LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:36:43 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:15:04 -0400
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Cindy Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5604.5 placement exams

------------------
We have been using the Mac versions.

>--- Forwarded Message from Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>From: Lorraine Williams <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>,
>>"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: BYU exams
>>Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:39:10 -0400
>
>Can Cindy tell us whether the respondents who use the CAPE tests use Mac,
>Win-based or web-based tests?  We too have experienced the kinds of
>difficulties with the CAPE tests when running them over an NT system to
>networked labs. I was somewhat encouraged to see that they are making them
>available in web-based versions, but I would be interested to know if people
>are having the same problems with flaws in the tests and slow support
>response.
>
>Can anyone speak about that?
>
>Lorraine Williams
>Language Technology Coordinator
>Saint Michael's College
>Box L / 1 Winooski Park
>Colchester, VT 05439
>(802) 654-2475

Cindy Evans, Director
Foreign Language Resource Center        [log in to unmask]
and Lecturer in French                  phone:  518-580-5205
Skidmore College                        fax:    518-580-5230