LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:19:32 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from Scott Petersen <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:27:11 +0900
>From: Scott Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Internet problem

------------------
Has anyone had this problem?

Since the end of January, we have been unable to log onto sites in the
US, rather .com sites. We can at times get into .edu sites. Inside Japan
is ok, and
Europe and sometimes England are ok.

The people who set up the server finally found what they think is the
problem. They say that somehow our server was used to launch a spam
attack and it was therefore put on a blacklist. They discovered this
about two
weeks ago and have yet to fix it. Has anyone heard of such a problem?
How can it be cleared up?

Scott Petersen
Nagoya Meitoku Junior College
Nagoya, Japan