LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:19:15 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] ---

>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:26:36 -0400
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re:  #5601 Designing classrooms program

Ruth's question about the PBS/ALS broadcast "Designing
Classrooms for Technology Integration and Accessibility"
raises lots of interesting possibilities, but we need
some fast responses to make it work...

Here's what I found from looking at the website(s)

1. To participate in the teleconference live - $400
2. To order a VHS copy of the program after the fact - $300
3. For follow-up, day-long workshops in the months afterward - $77
     (at various locations - Ruth, there's one @ Northeastern in May)

Is anyone hot to participate and planning to do the satellite downlink?
What I am thinking for our New England Region is that if no one is going
to get it live, perhaps we'd want to vote on subsidizing a copy for NERALLD
members' shared use. Or if NERALLD members agree, we could do the downlink
here at BU, if registration is picked up by NERALLD or shared among those
interested.

The broadcast is Thursday noon (4/13) so if anyone has thought on
this - especially you NERALLD folks - please contact me [log in to unmask]

bruce