LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:19:06 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Anna-Kaarina Pietilä"      <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Teleste Educational April Newsletter
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: "Anna-Kaarina Pietilä"      <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:43:13 +0300

------------------

TELESTE EDUCATIONAL NEWSLETTER
          APRIL 2000

I    Rocket Download
II   TUCOWS/TUKIDS
III  New activities on www.divace.com Virtual language
     learning pages
IV   IT Teachers and Corporate Trainers

Teleste Educational is always trying to develop new features for its
products and software, as well as easier and more productive ways to assist
with language learning.  In this newsletter, Divace Lite takes center stage
as the Teleste Educational product that is being 'discovered' by many
language learners, both students and teachers, both young and old, both
experienced computer users and the newly initiated.  It's always heartening
to hear positive feedback, and to receive positive reviews.

I:  One such review has been received from Rocket Download, a leading
provider of download software on the Internet:  They have awarded DIVACE
LITE its highest rating, 5 smileys, as a language learning tool that
captures the power of the PC and web multimedia. In their review, Divace
Lite is described as a program that can be used for pronunciation and
comprehension exercises as well as tackling interactive uses of speaking.
You can read the full program review at
http://www.rocketdownload.com/details/educ/divacelite.htm.

II:  In another review, TUCOWS (The Ultimate Collection Of Winsock
Software), placed Divace Lite in its top software category with a rating of
5 cows.  "Cows" are based upon specific criteria including ease of
installation and use, educational value, homepage links and how fun the
software is to use.  Divace Lite is a great tool to help you learn a
foreign language. This is a great program to learn and very easy to use.
It has also been added to their TUKIDS collection, a site for programs that
are good for children to use, where it was also given a rating of  5 cows.
This puts Divace Lite in with the elite of educational and children related
software.  You can read this review at  http://www.tucows.com
(easynet.tukids.tucows.com/win95nt/9-12/foreign912html#divacelite)

III:  We would also like to point out that you can practise your English,
or
get ideas for using Divace to teach English, with activities on our Divace
Virtual Language Learning pages.  A 30 day evaluation of Divace Lite can be
downloaded from the Divace website, and can then be used to work through
the
English language learning activities on our Virtual Language Learning
pages.
  Listen to audio recordings and practice your understandings with online
comprehension and vocabulary tests, and gap-fill exercises.  Enjoy learning
online with DIVACE!  We have just recently added more English learning
activities as well as some interesting new links to our Virtual Language
Learning pages at  http://www.divace.com.  NOTE! Audio and video material
has been created in the Divace-specific file format .dim, so you will need
Divace to play that format. Please download Divace Lite beforehand from
http://www.divace.com

IV:  IT Teachers and Corporate Trainers! With its new features, IMPERATA
2.0
is a necessity for today's computer classrooms. In addition to the
outstanding features of the 1.1 version, you can now observe your student
screens for activity and performance progress, broadcast your screen to
student PCs for demonstrations and presentations, and gain full control of
students' PCs in order to provide assistance, correct mistakes, or view
many
student screen thumbnails at the same time in your mosaic window.

     Teleste Educational
     http://edu.teleste.fi  http://www.divace.com

If you do not want to receive these newsletters from Teleste
      Educational, please send email to [log in to unmask] with
      UNSUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER as subject.