LLTI Archives

April 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:31:12 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "David Ben-Nahum" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "David Ben-Nahum" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re:      Re: #5585.3 LCD projector /LCD panels (!)
>Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:32:43 +0200

------------=
------
How come no one mentions resolution? We have an old LCD panel, and a few
years ago one of the professors couldn't use it with his laptop because o=
the resolution. He was pissed off, and now he is the rector of the
university, so we are in trouble. Not too long ago we bought a projector
that is 800x600 and it works fine. Now we need to buy another one, and bo=
th
me and the Director of Humanities Computing decided to insist on 1024x768=
,
even though lower resolution models are considerably cheaper. Are we righ=
t?

David Ben-Nahum
Director of Language Laboratoies
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem