LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:50:07 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Donald Clark <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:06:52 -0500
>From: Donald Clark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5561.7 Italian (!) (now German vs. Chi/Jp)
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Our German enrollment at Johns Hopkins has declined in the past two years.
Italian has grown slightly.  Chinese enrollment steadily increased for
several years; but seems to have leveled off this past  year.  Japanese,
although very popular a few years ago, seems to have lost its attraction.
Enrollments  slightly declined two years ago and now seems to have leveled
off with figures (now lower than five years ago) rermaining the same for
the past two years.
D. Clark

Donald Clark
Director, Language Teaching Center