LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 5

From:
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:01:50 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Margaret French <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:50:58 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Margaret French <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5566.2 Lab tracking software (!)

------------------
Dear Scott,

I'm VERY intersted in your system.  Can you tell me more about the system
you've created?

Can I access your database from my computer to take a look at it.  I'm
experienced in Filemaker & this sounds great for us.

Many thanks,

Margaret

>--- Forwarded Message from "J. Scott Payne" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>>Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 09:10:01 -0800
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>From: "J. Scott Payne" <[log in to unmask]>
>>Subject: Re: Lab tracking software
>
>------------------
>I just built a check-in/check-out function that is connected to our
>course management system (FileMaker).  It is on the web on a machine
>by the door in the lab.  When students come into that lab the just
>input their student id# and indicate for which class this lab time
>will spent.
>
>  The nice part is that faculty can go in and keep track of their
>students' lab attendance and activities on their own.
>--
>J. Scott Payne
>Washington State University
>Email:  [log in to unmask]

Margaret Wadehra
Director of the Languages and Writing Center
Union College
Schenectady, NY 12308
Phone: (518) 388-6680
Fax:  (518) 388-6462