LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:46:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Jon Aske" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "LLTI: Language Learning and Technology" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: lab tracking software
>Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:00:39 -0500

We are going to purchase a barcode reader for our new lab to keep track of
attendance and of our resources.  I have read here recently some
recommendations for barcode reading hardware but I wanted to inquire about
the software that people use to keep track of stuff (you can send more
hardware recommendations too if you want).

I have heard of people using FileMaker to put something together for the
Mac.  My lab, however, is PC only and I would like to hear about people's
solutions for that platform.

Thanks a lot,

Jon
Jon Aske
Department of Foreign Languages, Salem State College
SB 209A, Phone: (978) 542-4358, Fax: (978) 542-7215
[log in to unmask] - www.salem.mass.edu/~jaske/
Personal: [log in to unmask] - basqueland.com
Do not do unto others as you would they should do unto you. Their tastes may
not be the same. --George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950).