LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:33:02 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Dr. Todd F. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Dr. Todd F. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: tv-5 problems
>Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:26:51 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
>Read-Receipt-To: "Dr. Todd F. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
>Disposition-Notification-To:  "Dr. Todd F. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I am interested in knowing if anyone can pass me some
information.  In  January, we started having some TV-5
reception problems here at Vanderbilt University.  We have
gone back-and-forth with the folks at the International
Channel to try to fix this problem, but we are unable to
achieve resolution.

We have upgraded the receiver (a DSR 4400) and purchased a
new LNB. This, according to the International Channel,
would resolve our problems.  Unfortunately,  we still have
difficulty with the signal. We receive only a pixelated
image with no sound.  The IC tech people spent four hours
on the telephone with our technicians here with no
progress.

When searching the LTI archives, I noticed that several
people made inquiries about TV-5 and IC-related problems in
January.  But, the thread died out.  I was wondering if
this is still an issue for some people, and/or how it was
resolved.

If you have any information to pass on, could you please
send it to me?  I am not subscibed to the list.   My
address is: [log in to unmask]   I will gladly let
the list members know any results that I receive that may
be of help to them.

Thank you in advance.

Hughes, Todd F
Vanderbilt University