LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:27:26 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Patrice Caux <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date:         Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:57:19 -0500
>From: Patrice Caux <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Job Announcement
>To: [log in to unmask]
>cc: Patrice Caux <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Director of Language Learning Center

Southwestern University seeks a Director of the Language Learning Center.
Established in 1996 and housed in a $6.5 million F.W. Olin Building, the
Language Learning Center serves the primary purpose of enhancing and
supporting the teaching and learning of foreign language by facilitating the
integration into foreign language courses of appropriate technology-based
teaching and learning strategies.

The Director of the Language Learning Center reports to the Associate Provost
and works closely with the Chair of the Department of Modern Languages as
well as faculty within that department.  Responsibilities include but are not
limited to the following:  day-to-day management of the Center, instruction
of faculty and students in the use of all multimedia hardware and software,
design and implementation of systems for effective Center operation, support
of faculty in their teaching of foreign language through effective and
pedagogically-sound integration of technology, and development of multimedia
products for foreign language classes.

Qualifications:  Applicants must have demonstrated expertise in instructional
technologies, a thorough knowledge of current and projected audio, video and
digital multimedia language learning resources, experience in working with
faculty in a multimedia environment, expertise in managing and developing
web-sites, and excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
skills.  Advanced degree in relevant field is desirable.

Southwestern University is a selective, four-year, undergraduate, national
liberal arts college located in Georgetown, Texas, 28 miles north of Austin,
the state capital.  Affiliated with the United Methodist Church, it has more
than 1250 students, the enrollment level called for in the university$E2s
master plan.  Southwestern$E2s annual operating budget is approximately $40
million with a permanent endowment fund of more that $340 million.  For more
information about Southwestern University, visit our web site at
www.southwestern.edu.

Letter of interest, resume, salary history and requirement, and the names,
addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references may be
faxed to (512)863-1436, or sent by mail to:

Director of Language Learning Center
   Job #9970
   Southwestern University
   Dept. of Human Resources
   P.O. Box 770
   Georgetown, TX 78627-0770

Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is
filled.  Start date is June 15, 2000 or as soon as possible.  Southwestern
University is an equal opportunity employer.