LLTI Archives

March 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 08:45:20 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:41:03 -0600 (CST)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: iBook to Projecter

Well, I have done some research to see how I can solve the problem of
projecting from that USB machine, the iBook, with no Video out..  I do
not know if this has been covered.  I have nothing in my LLTI files about
it.

The sales people at Apple say that people just buy MyTV (Eskape Labs).
However, to my knowledge, "MyTV" is video-in, and Apple sales is out to
lunch.  Since I had seen some bad reviews of MyTV, I proceeded with
caution when I went to the Eskape web site and read about MyView, which
looked like it would solve my problem.  It is available from MacConnection
(I think), however I have been in contact with two people who could not
make this work on the iBook.  One was able to make it work on an iMac.

Plan B...or is it C?  We discovered a device called USBPresenter, made by
AVerMedia MicroSystem, and sold through Ingram only to registered
resellers.  It supposed to be here tomorrow, and is supposed to
effectively mirror computer screen images to NTSC video display/recording
devices (a TV or a composite vedeo projector).  I will let you know how
things come out.

I would also appreciate any discoveries you have made in this area.  My
preference for the iBook is becaust it is still a lot mure sturdy than
PowerBooks.

TBob

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project