LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 4

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:25:14 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Morrell, Maria" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Morrell, Maria" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: digital recording and playback
>Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:21:20 -0500

Hi.  I am putting together a proposal to renovate our Tandberg IS-10 lab by
adding a file server and digitizing our audio files.  Our language
departments, however, require that students record their answers to lab
exercises on audio cassettes which are graded for pronunciation,
comprehension, etc..  Instructors would like to continue to be able to
evaluate  student recordings, be it in analog or digital format.  I have
received an estimate from Tandberg on the cost of their Divace Solo
recording system.  I was wondering if anyone using Divace or something
comparable, (that offers playback and simultaneous recording , and that
allows students to compare their recordings to the original) could offer
some feedback.  Are you satisfied with Divace, or could you suggest any
options?  Thanks for your input.

Maria Morrell
Language Lab Director/
Spanish Instructor