LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:44:24 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Patrick Davis" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5475.6 HTML Editors (!)
>Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:02:13 -0400

------------------
I was using Homesite, but have recently been playing with a demo of
Dreamweaver 3 and Fireworks. Fireworks has been very nice for reducing image
file size and the two work nicely together for creating roll-overs.

I've tried Frontpage.  It seems quite easy to use, but puts so much extra
stuff in directories and in files that it seems a bit crazy.

I used to have an employee who insisted on hand-coding everything and it
seemed to take for ever...and he seemed to know his tags.  It pretty much
got to the point where I was telling him I wanted the page done in a half an
hour and I didn't care if he did it by hand or with a program.  We were
getting the files on disk and it worked out that for production the editor
was the way to go.

Pat

Patrick Davis, General Manager
Study Abroad Canada, Charlottetown Prince Edward Island
Programs include: ESL, High School Program, TESL Certificate, MA TESL/TEFL
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>    http://www.eccl.ca
A proud member of the Canada Wide English Network
http://www.canadawide-english.com