LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:23:38 EST
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 16:58:45 -0800
To: [log in to unmask]
From: Scott Gerrity <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tandberg IS-10 Training

Hi All,

For anyone interested, last year we did workshops for faculty on use of our
Tandberg IS-10 console and ended up putting ten instructional video clips
(RealPlayer) on our web site.  We set the camera directly on the panel and
let our fingers do the walking to the audio instructions.  The audio/video
quality is reasonably good and the instructions easy to follow.  We've had
success (and saved time) pointing first and second time users there, and
others have mentioned what a good refresher it is after time away.  We've
also included a basic text explanation for each clip.  Expansion is planned
so let us know if there is anything in particular you would like to see.
Enjoy!

The Language Centre at the University of Victoria
http://web.uvic.ca/langcen/tandberg/

Scott Gerrity
Language Centre Coordinator
University of Victoria