LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:50:21 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Linguistic Studies" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Linguistic Studies" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Stats on Linguistic Groups
>Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:49:02 +0800

I thought you might find my recent monograph of interest:

     Linguistic Cultures of the World: A Statistical Reference (Greenwood
Press)

The book gives over 150,000 stats covering 500+ language groups worldwide
(demographics,
economics, geography, etc.).  I would be glad to send to you an EXCEL
spreadsheet of the
raw data (or to any researcher who may find it of interest).  Otherwise, the
link below
to Amazon gives more qualitative details; the book, however, is largely
covered in the
spreadsheet which is complementary to researchers/scholars.

Regards,

Phil Parker
Professor of Economics and International Studies
UCSD & INSEAD
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/031329769X/icongroupinterna