LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:27:52 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:06:28 +0100
>To: (various e-lists) <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Jeff ALLEN <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CONF: Call for Participation - LREC2000
>Cc: (LREC committee) <[log in to unmask]>

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies]

Call for Participation - 2nd international Language Resources and
Evaluation Conference  (LREC2000)

Year 2000 marks the beginning of a new era for Human Language
Technology and Language Engineering. The European Commission
and the US National Science Foundation have announced
Multilinguality as one of their main action points.  The 2nd
international Language Resources and Evaluation Conference
(LREC2000), the second of a series of leading biennial events
representing cross-sectoral research and development in
speech, text, multi-media, and multi-modal processing, is
committed to promoting the language engineering initiatives
of these and similar organizations.

LREC2000, scheduled to take place 29 May - 2 June 2000 in
Athens, Greece, has accepted nearly 300 papers for
presentation at the main conference. About 10 pre- and
post-conference satellite workshops will also take place.
Many commercial and research systems for speech and natural
language processing will be demonstrated at the LREC2000
Exhibition in parallel with the conference sessions.  From
500 to 700 conference delegates are expected to attend this
conference, with half coming from the corporate and
industrial sectors and half coming from the academic field.

For more information with regard to LREC2000, please
contact:

LREC2000 Conference Secretariat
Institute for Language and Speech Processing
6, Artemidos & Epidavrou Str.
15125 Marousi
Athens, Greece
Tel: (+301) 6800959
Fax: (+301) 6856794
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
LREC2000 Web site: http://www.elda.fr/lrec2000.html

For more information about the European Language Resources
Association (ELRA), please contact:

Khalid Choukri, ELRA CEO
55-57, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013 PARIS, FRANCE