LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:27:39 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:34:10 -0600 (CST)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5473.1 Thanks (TBob)

------------------
I think we discussed that on the list.  I remember there was one school
(Was it in Florida?).  Now me, I learn by asking questions, so I can count
among my teachers some of the most brilliant in the world...guys like Mike
Bush.  So far, I have learned my HTML programming out of the greatest and
worst textbook ever published..."View page source".  But I am am quickly
growing old, and I may never land a job working pimarily with technology.
I do know that they offer a certificate in language technology @
Georgetown:

http://www.georgetown.edu/compling/certificate.html

Hey, with all of this, who needs me?  Maybe I can get a job organizing
denial of service attacks or something

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages