LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:40:40 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Scott M Brill <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:47:04 -0700 (MST)
>From: Scott M Brill <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #4500 Software for LCTLs

------------------
The University of Arizona's Critical Languages Series CDROMs:

Beginning Brazilian Portuguese
Beginning Cantonese
Beginning Chinese
Beginning Kazak
Beginning and Continuing Korean
Beginning Turkish

Are now all available from the University of Arizona Press for $69.95
per language. You can order online at http://www.uapress.arizona.edu or
call them at 1-800-426-3797.

Each language's double CDROM set contains 20 lessons, at least 25 video
clips, 6500 audio recordings, graphics, exercises, and extensive
grammatical and cultural notes.  For details, see
http://clp.arizona.edu/cls

Thanks,
Scott Brill

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Sandy Harris) ---
>
> >Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 11:01:46 -0600
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >From: [log in to unmask] (Sandy Harris)
> >Subject: Software for LCTLs
>
> We are currently working on a proposal seeking funds to renovate our lab.
> Our goal is to be able to offer LCTLs through self-paced instruction and
> distance learning.  We are asking for six Mac and six IBM clone
> workstations to supplement the four Macs that we already have.   I am
> looking for some direction in what to ask for in terms of basic programs
> and software essential for LCTLs (fonts, bidirectional processing, etc.).
> We have not yet limited the number of languages we would like to offer, and
> will not be able to do this before the proposal deadline.  Do such broad
> software programs exist?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help with this very broad question.
>
> Sandy Harris
> Lecturer-French
> Director- Language Resource Center
> University of Missouri- St. Louis
> ssharri@[log in to unmask]

Scott Brill  [log in to unmask]   Research Engineer, University of Arizona
UofA Computer Aided Language Instruction Group/Critical Languages Program
http://cali.arizona.edu          520-626-9209,     FAX:520-621-3386