LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:42:05 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]> ---

>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Language Learning & Technology <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Language Learning & Technology V3N2 Now Available!
>Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:54:59 -1000

submissions of articles, reviews, and commentaries for future issues.
Check our guidelines for submission at http://llt.msu.edu/contrib.html

***Feature Articles***

1. The use of computer technology in experimental studies of second
language  acquisition: A survey of some techniques and some ongoing
studies
by Jan H. Hulstijn

2. Insights into the construction of grammatical knowledge provided
by user-behavior tracking technologies
by Joseph Collentine

3. What lexical information do L2 learners select in a CALL
dictionary and how does it affect word retention?
by Batia Laufer & Monica Hill

4. Web-based elicitation tasks in SLA research
by Dalila Ayoun

***Columns***

Introducing this Issue
by Mark Warschauer and Irene Thompson

From the Guest Editor
by Dorothy Chun

On the Net
Cooperative Learning Activities for the Foreign Language Classroom
by Jean W. LeLoup & Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
Speech Technologies for Language Learning
by Bob Godwin-Jones

News from Sponsoring Organizations

***Reviews***

Learner English on Computer
by Sylviane Granger (Ed.)
Reviewed by Michael Barlow

Media, Multimedia, Omnimedia: Selected Papers From the CETaLL
Symposium on the Occasion of the 11th AILA World Congress in
Jyväskylä (Finland) and the Vth Man and the Media Symposium in Nancy
(France)
by Gabrielle Hogan-Brun & Udo Jung (Eds.)
Reviewed by Gerhard Wazel

Reading German
by Jörg Roche
Reviewed by Heidi Byrnes

Implementing LIBRA for the design of experimental research in Second
Language Acquisition
by Robert Fischer
Reviewed by Cristina Sanz

***Call for Papers***

Theme: Using Corpora in Language Teaching and Learning