LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:38:16 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Kevin C. Carroll" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:58:53 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: "Kevin C. Carroll" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: simultaneous language translations

------------------
Today's topic is simultaneous language translation systems.....

Has anyone had experience with the Sony SXM700 Language Interpretation
Sysytem? We are considering incorporating this into one of our multimedia
presentation rooms. I realize it is on the expensive side, but I'm
concerned about crosstalk and adjacent channel interference found in
inexpensive wireless systems.

Are there less expensive solutions to finding a wireless simultaneous
translation system?

Thanks!

Kevin C. Carroll
Senior Systems Technologist