LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:12:12 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Sue Breeyear" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: LLTI-Editor <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:45:05 -0400EDT
>Subject: Re: #5459.2 Tandberg

We have a Tandberg IS 10 lab (almost 20 years old now) and it's
still chugging along with very few problems other than those that
have been student-generated (like digging at the controls with pens
and wearing out the springs to the cassette door!).  Our
maintenance contract with Tandberg allows us two visits a year
(once a semester) and replacement parts as necessary.  I have
been very satisfied with their maintenance and equipment for this
kind of lab--I have no experience with the newer digital labs that
they currently sell (sigh, maybe someday when my ship comes in).
Our campus technicians don't touch this equipment--like yours,
they don't know how it works and don't want to learn.

Hope this helps!

Sue

--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Gordon
Hartig) ---

>Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:24:12 -0500
>Subject: Tandberg
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: [log in to unmask] (Gordon Hartig)

>I would like any information about experience dealing with Tandberg and
>the quality of their customer service.  We are a private high school, but
>I would love to hear from everyone who has a Tandberg setup (especially a
>Prisma system like ours).  Also, if anyone has an opinion on their
>extended warranty program, that would be useful as well.

Gordon Hartig
Language Lab Coordinator
Middlesex Community College
33 Kearney Square
Lowell MA  01852
(978) 656-3358

Susan Breeyear, Language Resource Center Coordinator
200 Southwick Building
University of Vermont
Burlington, Vermont 05405

VOICE:802-656-7856