LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 10:05:56 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Jean-Jacques d'Aquin" <[log in to unmask]> ---

------------------
On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, LLTI-Editor wrote:

> --- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Gordon Hartig) ---
>
> >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:24:12 -0500
> >Subject: Tandberg
> >To: [log in to unmask]
> >From: [log in to unmask] (Gordon Hartig)
> (snip)
>   Perhaps the
> biggest drawback to Tandberg is that our in-house technicalpeople
> typically do not want to even look at the equipment because they are not
> familiar with it.

** Tandberg typically runs at least one technician's workshop a year
specifically to train institutional technicians on how to maintain their
equipment.  Your cost is the expense of sending someone there.  That
technician then becomes "officially" certified by Tandberg, and maintains
warrant when working on the equipment, that would otherwise be cancelled.
The technician often comes back with some free "goodies" that upgrade your
equipment.  Check to see if this policy is still in effect ...
Cheers!

Jean-Jacques d'Aquin, Language Lab Director
University of South Alabama, HUMB-322, Mobile, AL 36688
VOX 334-460-6291 FAX 334-460-7123