LLTI Archives

February 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:48:09 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Timothy Pope" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "Timothy Pope" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"                         <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5459.1 Tandberg experiences?
>Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 09:46:00 -0700

------------------
We have a Tandberg IS-11 lab that was installed in 1996 and expanded to 35
positions in 1999. Integrated with it is the CSSnet system. The IS-11
equipment works fine. The CSSnet has only ever been half operational and we
still have no idea how or even whether certain features we were promised
really function. We cannot say if the system is incompatible with the
browser or QuickTime or anything else. All we know is that the CSSnet should
be controllable by the Tandberg MCC software as well as by the hardware
button panel. Tandberg has so far been unable to find us a CSSnet manual, or
even a reference in the MCC manual to the CSSnet. Software control of the
CSSnet is essential for proper integration of the hardware and software
systems. It is inconvenient when the only way to cancel the action of a
mouse click is to have to lean over past the computer to press a hardware
button.
We would dearly like to know if anyone else has faced this problem and
solved it.
Tim Pope
Department of Modern Languages
The University of Lethbridge