LLTI Archives

January 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:09:00 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:48:00 -0600
>From: "Read Gilgen" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FLEAT IV (call for papers extended)

I'd like to invite you all to consider participating in FLEAT IV this summer by submitting a paper/presentation proposal.

FLEAT (Foreign Language Education and Teaching) has been held since the early 1980s and is an important joint conference sponsored by IALL and by LLA (the Japanese Language Lab Association).  This year the Korean organization is also joining in.  We're also helping LLA celebrate its 40th anniversary.

We certainly want to help make this conference a success.  But the bottom line is we need you to submit proposals for papers.  The deadline has been extended to January 31, hoping to get more submissions.

How to pay for the trip?  We can't promise much, but IALL will be providing a small stipend for IALL members whose papers are accepted.  If you start looking now, you often can find campus resources of small grants to help offset the cost.  Also, the IALL/FLEAT committee is looking into reduced fares and other cost saving measures.

For more information on FLEAT, follow the links at http://iall.net (just click the FLEAT icon).  You can also contact any member of the IALL board for more information.  We sincerely hope you'll consider participating.

Read Gilgen, Director
L&S Learning Support Services
University of Wisconsin
(608) 262-1408