LLTI Archives

January 2000, Week 2

From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:04:18 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:22:36 -0500
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>From: Judy Shoaf <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: #5428 Popular DVD movies are only French and Spanish

As confirmation--I am now taking care of our teaching collection and have
been cataloguing 60 DVDs, of which only one seemed to have more than the
standard French and/or Spanish subtitles. Columbia's Only Angels Have Wings
has Portuguese, Chinese, Korean, and Thai options as well as Spanish and
English (but no French!). It probably depends on what country they expect to
find a market for the item.

Judy Shoaf
University of Florida