LLTI Archives

January 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:29:49 EST
--- Forwarded Message from "John Robin ALLEN" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: "John Robin ALLEN" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"    <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bibliographical query
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 06:23:53 -0600

------------------
Can anyone who works with computers and languages help me with a small
problem? I need to maintain a large bibliography and want to use a computer
to help. I know of three programs that could qualify, but I don't know which
one is the best, and the best one might be a totally different program.
     About half of the people to whom I have mentioned this problem say
Pro-Cite is the best and is the one that most persons use. The other half
say EndNote is the best and is the one that most persons use. One person
said that Citation is the one she uses, and it does everything she needs it
to do.
     Was it John Alden who said that "If you want to have a job done well,
do it yourself"? Is that true in this case? My name is somewhat similar to
John Alden, but do I really have to write my own program? I'll probably do
just that, but in the meantime, can anyone suggest any alternative course of
action?
     I'm posting this query on another board that most of those who read
this will also read. My apologies for the cross listing.
      j.r.a.
John Robin ALLEN
390 Marlton Crescent
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3R 1A7