LLTI Archives

January 2000, Week 1

From:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:02:26 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:36:47 -0600 (CST)
>From: Bob Peckham <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: an LRC director @ UTMartin (with short questionnaire

Our department is at last looking at the possibility of having an LRC
director, but it is the type of thing that will have to go through several
committees.

In view of the tough battle ahead, I would like to know some things from
institutions with lab directors

1) Is your lab director also faculty...or does she/he teach language
courses? (yes/no)

2) If so, how does this course load compare with full course load? (1/2,
1/3, etc.)

3) What is the determining factor in how your lab is used? (required lab
use outside of class, take classes into the lab once a week, etc.)

For those who will reply privately, my e-mail address is [log in to unmask]

Bob Peckham
Director, The Globe-Gate Project
Dept. of Modern Foreign Languages
Univ. of Tennessee-Martin